- Getting Started
Also available for offline Use: Download the User Manual (pdf)
- Choice of distribution Install a distribution that supports i2c and the spi bus.
- Download Distribution:
- Write it to the SD card
You can find further instructions for setting up your SD-Card here.
- Boot Raspberry Pi from the SD card
- Configure your distribution on first boot
To reconfigure your distribution later you can always use the following command:
- Raspberry Pi B+: Setup-Script will use the "revision 2" setting
- Raspberry Pi B:
- Execute setup-script from your home directory (cd ~)
wget http://downloads.amescon.com/rpc_setup.sh && chmod +x ./rpc_setup.sh && sudo ./rpc_setup.sh
- Choose revision according to your Raspberry Pi (switch revisions with the 'c'-button)
- Activate installation script (with the 'i'-button)
This script will install i2c-tools and permanently set up the following devices:
- Output (LEDs)
- As the driver is hosted on our servers and not on the servers distributing most linux drivers, you will be asked to confirm the installation with 'y'. Do so to finish the installation.
- For the RS-232 to work, you'll need to restart your Raspberry Pi. All other devices are ready to go without a restart.
- Amescon Github: Looking for code? We've got some sample projects for you! All open source, of course.
- RasPiComm F.A.Q: The most commonly asked questions. Maybe answering yours as well?
- RasPiComm Support Forum: The place to discuss the RasPiComm and get further help!